Friday, September 17, 2010

the dancing goat

so this place needs its own post because of its awesomeness
only one small thing that my mother didnt like which was that it doesnt take card- cash only.
but i didnt mind.
there wasn't much space to sit so me n my friend ended up on the edge of a big table (probs could have fit 8-10 people on it) with a couple of other groups of people.
however, ill start with the beginning. walked in and it was packed. saw rob, the barista who is at willys sometimes too, he had a chat with me while we ordered our breakky. one thing that make a shop rate highly with me is the service. even if the coffee is average, if there's good service and the staff have a chat with me, i will generally go back
probably one of the reasons why i keep going back. but actually, rob makes really nice coffee.
interesting to note that marion, who works at the same coffee shop, doesnt make her coffee as nicely even tho they use the same machine and the same beans, etc. weird. nb: marion's coffee is still nice!!!
so we walked in, had a chat with rob, ordered breakky, finally found a seat.
coffees came out with cute pics in them!!! nothing near as good as my puppy tho :P
here you go:

















so i was impressed. lol. yes, im female, things that look pretty generally impress me :P
then the food came. my friend had a breakfast burrito. looked tasty enough, she enjoyed it thoroughly.
at this point i must also add that we were drinking our coffee (which came quickly despite the masses of people in this tiny cafe) and were very satisfied at its creamy texture, and creaminess. normally for me, a flat white (because it is a stronger coffee than a latte) will have a slight bitterness to it. however, i believe this is a sign of a good coffee- when the bitterness is absent.
and then my scrambled eggs and bacon on toast came. FREAKIN AMAZING.
the eggs were nice and creamy but a little cold. and the toast was awesome. and the bacon was very nice.
i thoroughly enjoyed this cafe. and am thinking about making it a regular place.
given that i only have a week left for willys to be my regular spot.
in all fairness i should probably try some of the other places around where im training...
i tried Kosta's on James St in Northbridge. nice homey atmosphere, but the coffee wasnt great. but hey, i wasnt expecting much because of the atmosphere. but i appreciated the service, i could tell that the people there knew their customers and referred to them by name, etc.
so yeah.
im out to do study.
peace
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, can you get in touch with me? I like your work :) nick@abeautifulcity.com.au

    ReplyDelete